Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The journey Begin, Acquiring the junk - 2nd May 2012

Hello readers, the purpose of this blog is to share my restoration job for my lovely little Yamaha Passola SA50. I've just got the old junk from my big bro on 2nd May 2012, was given by his friend to him. Got it as a package, 1 Yamaha Passola SA50, 1 Honda Melody and 1 Honda Dio SK50. But i will only share the story of passola here since the job for both honda hasn't started yet.

Little story about the bike. Previously 'he' was serving the workers on the oil rig until the day 'he' died and left in the junk yard. My big bro's friend, maybe an engineer or safety officer on the rig which i'm not really sure, found it and send it back to the land, to my bro's house as he know that my bro would like to have it and do something. For months, the bike continue becoming another junk in another garage since my bro don't have time to even look at it. Until 1st May, i went to his house and asking him to just give it to me and he agree. Hence, the bike changing hands and i went there once again the next day driving my mom's 4x4 truck to pick 'him' up and bring 'him' back home.

Got it in a very bad condition, incomplete, chipped and cracked covers, the body was brush-painted using house paint, not sure why they did that.


Yamaha Passola on the left and Honda Dio SK50 on the right.
Side view

Rear side view

No comments:

Post a Comment